Friday, September 5, 2008

When your character comes to life

We grow very fond of some of our creations in MMO's. It is an odd thing that we grow so attached to an in-game avatar that it borders on the “unstable”, especially when it comes to losing them.

In times past I have added certain elements to the game itself by writing story lines on a guild forum and playing out parts of those stories in-game. I would tell a tale of woe complete with detailed descriptions of areas in the game. I would then give clues to an on going puzzle that would be played out in character.

This would be on a set day and if you could discern from the story where I would be found you would see another clue play out before you, in character. This would continue from written story too in character play and everyone seemed to enjoy the added element.

I had an opportunity some time ago with a Radio Station I was volunteering for to bring my characters back in play, but this time it was audio more than in game role playing.

Mapus and Hegwin have been with me for several years, being created over and over depending on what fantasy MMO I was enjoying at the time. Halfling twins that I have grown very fond of just because I am unstable that way, came to life once again and it sure was fun listening to the trouble they got into.



Hegwin and the Bow.mp3


No comments: