Thursday, September 18, 2008

Tickets for the Big Show.

It goes something like this.

Your favorite Band is coming to town and you know its going to be a sell out. You have known this for several months and have moved your entire life to prepare. You have spent hours listening to their music and imagining yourself in the front row. At some point during this time you became a walking tribute to this band because that's all you talk about.

You follow the bands tour and know every night where they are. You read everything you can about each stop of the way. They are getting closer. The week has arrived and you find yourself driving by the place they will be playing. A few times a day as you drive by you see the signs, they are coming. You have worked yourself up to where food is an afterthought and sleep escapes you. The day has finally arrived and in one breath real life steps in and says “no”.

Okay, it's not the end of the world but it sometimes can feel like it.

I was so ready to enjoy the launch of Warhammer On-line and begin my new game life with a new guild, when it melted away. The Boss Mob called “Real Life” who we all know well, decided to give me something else to do. “Work sucks” is a branded phrase you see everywhere, T-shirts, Bumper stickers, even refrigerator magnets. “That's Life”, “Work Sucks”, hell I could probably right a wall of text about these alone.

The point? I am glad you asked.

My job is camping my corpse (72 hour's a week ).This won't last long but enough to get in the way for War's launch. There will be time to play and catch up but I was hoping to start with everyone else.

Yeah I know, “work sucks and that's life”. I'm just all dressed up with no place to go.

No comments: