Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Time is not free..

Trying to set time aside to for a relaxing round of whatever game you enjoy can be challenging.

The early years seemed much kinder. I remember long hours on the weekend.
Eating was a quick fix or ordered out, and unless the house was on fire, interruptions were dealt with harshly.

It didn't help, or may have contributed to the madness of gaming, that my wife loved to game as well. Six hours of sleep was all we wanted through our gaming weekends, six hours for the whole weekend. We were younger then and time seemed to be free. With (gaming) Family and friends who had the same weekend ritual, we all had a lot of fun and some great memories.

Time Bandits
Time Bandits (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
These days time isn't free. There is always something that tries to use the time you set aside for a bit of “game on”. There are many desperate attempts to slide into your fav computer chair, but usually foiled at the last minute.

Stealing is the only way. Learn to be a Time Bandit

I know I should be cleaning out the garage this Saturday but it can wait until next week. See what I did there? Yep, I just stole some time and it's relatively legal, depending on your relationship with your soul mate. It's not a bad thing having a somewhat busy lifestyle as long as your "Thief" skills are adequate.

We all need “our” time and if it comes down to being "Time Bandits" (that movie sure was a lot more funny the first time I saw it) then its a just cause. Sometimes no matter how bad you want to relax and game, there is some “time” that is more important.


I need to excuse myself, I have 2 things that are patiently waiting for my time.

  
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the "new page layout". Hope all is well with you!
I will check back more often to see if I could catch you online. Alan

Unknown said...

Hope all is well? Like your new web page. Haven't been here for awhile.
I will keep checking to see if you are online. Alan

Rusty Kern said...

Hi Allen, hope all is well with you also. I don't find much "Live" time these days, neighbors won't even let me sing in the shower. Good to hear from you.