Sunday, January 26, 2014

I Was There...

Creativity is intelligence having fun.
Creativity is intelligence having fun. (Photo credit: symphony of love)
Being creative is an ability we all have. How that “creativity” presents itself, how it may be expressed or shown varies. For some it is a passing thought, to others it develops. Books, movies, paintings, drawings are the outlets used to share what develops.

It's winter here, stepping out my back door there are several inches of snow. It's breezy and very cold. I noticed one lone dried leaf slowly travel along the bottom of my chain link fence. The night sky, the cold and the contrast of the dried leaf against the snow was the beginning of a story or an ominous scene from a movie. My imagination placed me in a different time and place.

I love those moments because for a brief instant all of my senses are in a story. I am sure this is how it all begins. When they find themselves immersed in a moment that floods their senses, they begin to write, draw, create. I can create my own world, even if it's a passing thought but I love to visit others who have truly developed theirs.


I love the books/movies/art. For me its a view from the outside, a spectator enjoying what is getting presented. Gaming entertainment allows me to participate, to move through and interact with the world that has been created. What a dismal life would it be without an imagination or the chance to be creative.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: